I have been preparing a "Big Sister Kit" for our lil lady for when the baby comes. I made baby #2 a car seat canopy and had extra fabric, so decided to make a matching car seat canopy for her American Girl car seat she is getting for Christmas. She is going to love having the same car seat canopy for her babies! I followed the same simple tutorial found here.
I made the total dimensions of the "body" 18" width X 28" length. If you want to piece it like I did, I made the dimensions of the "front" fabric 18"X25" and the "back" fabric I used on the bottom 18"X3". Make sure to cut the fabric for the backing the total dimensions of 18"X25".
Mine wasn't quiet wide enough to cover the whole side, so if you want it wider than mine, add a few inches to the width.
For the straps, I made the dimensions a total of 6"X7". To piece it, make the "top" fabric 5"X7" and the "back" fabric 1"X 7".
This is what it will look like when laid flat. I have a larger pink piece because I ran out of the "front" fabric so had to use some of the "back" fabric to compensate for the length.
Here is a glimpse of the inside.
Matching baby car seat canopy and American Girl car seat canopy.





No comments:
Post a Comment